10 Best Modern Kitchen Cabinets Overview
The best modern kitchen cabinets you can choose for the most important space in your home should possess the ultimate function and style you need. People have varied ideas of what modern kitchen cabinets are. In general, though, modern kitchen cabinets are those that are more contemporary and less traditional.Various modern styles are available, from high gloss and shaker style kitchen cabinets to more modern options.
Your choice will depend on your personal preferences, taste, and trends. However, functionality is the quality that should never be compromised, along with the quality of the kitchen cabinet material. Modern kitchen trends 2022 put the accent on the cabinetry that presents the marriage of style, function, and quality.
Modern White Kitchen Cabinets
White is one of the most popular colors in interior design because it exudes elegance and sophistication. White kitchen cabinets are known to be simple and neutral. Many homeowners love white because they exude a bright, welcoming, and calming atmosphere.
They can also increase the resale value of your home because it is a universal color and appeal to most home buyers.
- Clean and crisp
- Will never look outdated and will always remain in style
- Can match any kitchen decor
- Can make your kitchen look bigger and brighter
- It is versatile and easy to update and accessorize
- Easily gets dirty
- Exudes a cold and clinical feel
- Easily shows wear and tear
Modern Grey Kitchen Cabinets
Many homeowners consider grey kitchen cabinets as the new white. Grey is a modern concept created out of contemporary and modern styles with timeless and luxurious beauty. It also gives your kitchen a relaxing yet exciting feel.
Grey kitchen cabinets bring out more interest and excitement in other elements of the kitchen such as the backsplash, countertops, and floor.
- Looks luxurious and elegant
- Popular and stylish color
- Offers an inviting and comfortable kitchen
- Can match any kitchen design and style
- Does not show dirt as much as white
- Makes your kitchen look visually smaller
- Associated with boredom and dullness
- Hides dust or dirt
Lacquer Kitchen Cabinets
Lacquer is a solvent-based finish. Several layers of thin lacquer paint applied to wood kitchen cabinets provide a rich and even matte, opaque, or glossy finish.
Lacquer is a waterproof, breathable, and highly resistant finish making it ideal for kitchen cabinets. A lacquer finish creates a visual impact and a unique texture that makes kitchen cabinets the focal point of your kitchen.
- Hard and durable
- Resistant to water, alkali, acid, and abrasions
- Protects wood inside and out
- Easy to clean
- Dents and scratches are easily visible
- Prone to staining
- High maintenance
Modern Kitchen with Oak Cabinets
Oak has long been a go-to material for kitchen cabinetry and modern kitchen cabinets are no different. Oak kitchen cabinets have sealed their spot in most kitchen designs because of their timeless look and durability.
Oak kitchen cabinets come in countless subspecies. They are available with open grain patterns that become eminent by light-reflecting rays. Oak typically comes in pale honey or yellow with a touch of red and goes well with quartz countertops.
- Durable and water-resistant
- High-end aesthetics
- Comes in a variety of hues
- Versatile and come match any aesthetic
- Cost less than many hardwoods
- Distinctive grain may be visible through some finishes
- The grain is tricky to change
- Resale value of a home may not be as high
Navy Blue Kitchen Cabinets
Navy blue is an excellent color that adds a lot of aesthetics to any kitchen design. A relative of black, navy blue adds a bit of intrigue and mystery that is not found in black.
The rich and deep hue creates depth into any kitchen design. Navy blue kitchen cabinets can also complement various colors making it an ideal accent to countertops, backsplashes, and kitchen walls. Navy blue kitchen cabinets have become an important characteristic of modern kitchen
- Gives kitchens a welcoming taste
- Can remain stylish for many years
- Offers a tasteful and flawless look
- Conceals small cuts and scratches
- Does not make the kitchen look exciting
- Can be a let-down for appetite and mood
- Can make the kitchen look smaller
Two-Toned Kitchen Cabinets
Interior designers describe two-toned kitchen cabinets as cabinetry that combine two unique colors or one-half of the cabinets (top) are one color and the other half (bottom) are in contrasting colors.
Two-toned cabinets have become a new trend and one of the popular kitchen cabinet styles because of their appeal and simplicity. Two-toned kitchen cabinets could have, for example, the top cabinets in white and the bottom ones in navy blue or gray.
- Matches any kitchen style
- Makes the kitchen look visually larger
- Converts a simple kitchen into something stylish
- Exudes a light and airy feel
- Increases the resale value of your home
- Can make your kitchen look blurry
- Can make your kitchen look dull
- Some color combinations do not work
Modern Black Kitchen Cabinets
Black is a deep color that is an ideal choice for modern kitchen cabinets especially if you want to incorporate contrasts into your kitchen. Black kitchen cabinets offer a slightly dramatic and vibrant kitchen interior.
Black also exudes a rich, luxurious, and expensive look. black kitchen cabinets can provide an extravagant atmosphere to a well-lit and large kitchen. Small kitchens can have black upper cabinets with lower cabinets in a complimentary color.
- Creates a sophisticated and dramatic look
- Can easily fit into any kitchen design
- Interesting and intimate feel
- Comfortable and cozy
- Does not show smudges or grease
- Can tend to appear dated
- Can make your kitchen look visually small
- Does not reflect natural light into the kitchen
Stainless Steel Kitchen Cabinets
Stainless steel kitchen cabinets are not only for industrial kitchens, they also look attractive and interesting in homes. Homeowners who are looking for a modern kitchen design are considering stainless steel kitchen cabinets because they look well with stainless steel sinks and appliances.
Stainless steel kitchen cabinets are simple, yet they offer a sleek design homeowners love for their modern kitchen design. Stainless steel kitchen cabinets can easily match other elements in your kitchen to create contrast and visual interest.
- Exceptionally hard-wearing
- Not prone to wet warping
- Highly resistant to stains
- Will never fade
- Highly durable
- Looks cold and institutional
- Prone to fingerprints, scratching, and smudges
- Tends to show more dust
White Shaker Kitchen Cabinets
White shaker kitchen cabinets are versatile, simple, and sleek. This type of kitchen cabinet consists of a flat panel with edges surrounded by simple borders. The front doors do not come with elaborate routing work. In most cases, drawers will also be made of a similar design or with no borders.
Shaker cabinets can be created with many materials but white shaker kitchen cabinets offer a modern design. They are increasingly popular because of their minimalist and distinctive look.
- Simple and minimalist design
- Very easy to clean
- Can match a wide range of modern and traditional kitchen designs
- Versatile and timeless
- Costs less than formal cabinetry
- Easily shows dirt
- Available in limited designs
- Tends to be too classic for modern kitchens
Modern High Gloss Kitchen Cabinets
High gloss kitchen cabinets have been increasing in popularity because of their superb visual appearance. High gloss kitchen cabinets are coated with acrylic, acetate, or lacquer to create a glossy finish. High gloss kitchen cabinets typically have an MDF, wood, or laminate (a cheaper alternative) base.
High gloss kitchen cabinets can be in any color. They can reflect light and make your kitchen feel larger. This type of kitchen cabinet is ideal for modern and contemporary style kitchens.
- Reflects light and make your kitchen feel brighter and larger
- Does not require any sealing because it is waterproof
- Exudes a modern and luxurious feel
- Easy to clean
- Scratches and fingerprints are more noticeable
- Dirt and smudges are more visible
- Can be costly
The Value of Modern Kitchen Cabinets
The kitchen is the most important room in your home from the point of view of a buyer. The kitchen is the heart of your home and modern kitchen cabinets are the focal point of your kitchen.
Modern kitchen cabinets take center stage in providing the overall aesthetic and dramatically increase the value of your home. They will not only be the quickest way to increase the resale value of your home but its saleability, too.
The kitchen cabinets are the first thing home buyers see, and the last thing they will look at when inspecting the kitchen.
Which Material is Best for Modern Kitchen Cabinets?
While traditional kitchen cabinets are typically made of a single type of wood, modern kitchen cabinets can combine materials to achieve a unique look and feel.
Selecting the right material for your modern kitchen cabinets is what will make your kitchen not only efficient but fun to work in, too. Besides, kitchen cabinets are not just for storage, they play a huge role in the overall aesthetics of your kitchen.
Here are some of the best materials for your modern kitchen cabinets.
- Medium-Density Fiberboard (MDF)
- Stainless Steel
What is the Most Popular Color for Modern Kitchen Cabinets?
Naturally, you will want to choose the color for your kitchen cabinets that will make you happy, have decorative power, and match the design of your kitchen.
The color of your modern kitchen cabinets can also affect the brightness and visual area of your kitchen. The color you choose for your kitchen cabinets can also dictate whether you will clean your cabinets more or less.
Here are some of the most popular colors for your modern kitchen cabinets:
6 Steps to Choose the Best Modern Cabinets for Your Kitchen
Follow these steps and get the modern kitchen cabinets of your dreams:
- Know your budget.Knowing how much you are willing to spend will allow you to make better choices.
- Consider your kitchen style. Choose kitchen cabinets that will match the style and color of your kitchen.
- Choose your kitchen cabinet material. Choose materials based on your budget, functionality, and overall aesthetics you want to achieve.
- Choose the right kitchen cabinet design. Choose a cabinet design that will match the overall design of your kitchen and the style of your home.
- Choose the Hardware. Choose the right handles, knobs, and pulls to create a stylish and beautiful look.
- Think of the finishing touches. Pick the right color and finishes for your modern kitchen cabinets.
How Much Do Modern Kitchen Cabinets Cost ?
How much your modern kitchen cabinets will cost depends on the type, style, design, materials, construction, and size you choose. Kitchen cabinets are sold per linear foot. Kitchen cabinets are manufactured as:
- Stock Kitchen Cabinets. These cabinets come in sets with standard sizes. They do not have modification options.
- Semi-stock Kitchen Cabinets.These cabinets are similar to stock cabinets but with some modification options.
- Custom Kitchen Cabinets.These cabinets are made based on the specific dimensions of your kitchen.
The average homemaker will spend anywhere between $3,000 to $8,000 to replace kitchen cabinets in a standard-size kitchen. This is about $150 per linear foot for stock cabinets, $400 for semi-custom cabinets, and $1,000 for custom cabinetry.
The Best Modern Cabinetry On a Budget
If you are on a budget, you have some options to bring the costs down.
- Kitchen cabinets made from particle board, MDF, or other synthetic materials are less expensive than those made of wood, lacquer, or glass.
- Cabinet Faces. Shaker kitchen cabinets or those with flat slabs are less expensive than those with glass panels.
- Unpainted or unfinished. You will save a lot of money if you do the painting and finishing of your kitchen cabinets than buying cabinets that are delivered fully finished.
- Cabinetry hardware made from aluminum, for example, is cheaper than those made of brass.
- If you are confident to do your own installation, you will be able to save a lot of money.
The cost of your kitchen cabinets largely depends on where you will source them.
What Should I look for When Buying Modern Kitchen Cabinets?
Your budget will dictate, first and foremost, whether you should be choosing a stock, semi-custom, or custom cabinetry. With your budget in mind, here are what you should look for in modern kitchen cabinets.
- Type and Style
The builds of kitchen cabinets are available as either framed (comes with a structure that serves as reinforcement where doors and drawers are attached) or frameless (comes with thicker cabinet boxes where doors and drawers are directly attached. Frameless kitchen cabinets are the best choices for modern kitchen cabinets.
- Materials and Finishes
The carcass is the internal and structural framework of your kitchen cabinet. While only visible when you open the doors, the carcass quality impacts the performance and longevity of your kitchen cabinets.
Kitchen cabinet finishes should support the theme and color scheme of your kitchen. They can be stained, painted, or glazed.
Cabinet knobs and pulls, hinges, and other hardware play an important role in the beauty, ease of operation, and efficiency of your kitchen cabinets.
Top quality construction is a must. All elements of your kitchen cabinets should have a solid construction. It should be made of the best materials your budget will allow. They should also have a smooth finish.
Where to Buy the Best Cabinets for Your Project at Low Price
You have many options if you are looking to buy the best kitchen cabinets at the lowest price possible.
- Big Box Stores
- Small Chains
- Large Franchises
- Online retailers
- Manufacturers / Suppliers
The choice of where to buy the best kitchen cabinets at the lowest price depends on your specific needs.
Top 10 Kitchen Cabinets Manufacturers in China
If you want to get the best quality kitchen cabinets at the best possible price, buying them from China is the way to go.
1. PA Kitchen (Foshan)
PA Kitchen, founded in 2008, is a prominent kitchen cabinet manufacturer. It is also a wholesaler of kitchen cabinets, wardrobes, and bathroom cabinets. The company uses state-of-the-art production equipment from Germany.
2. Boloni (Beijing)
Boloni is a Sino-Italian joint venture established in 2001. Boloni cabinetry is a result of the work of Italian designers together with their local and research counterparts and advanced German manufacturing technology.
3. Schmidt (Guangzhou)
Schmidt, a leading cabinet maker in France, came to China in 2014. Its custom kitchen solutions, sold in 24 countries around the world, are a combination of French designs and German precision.
4. Zbom (Anhui)
Zbom Home Collection Co.,Ltd, established in 1998, has become a leading kitchen cabinet manufacturer in China. Its operations are today centered on research and development, production, and sales of custom furniture products.
5. Olo (Nanjing)
Olo Kitchen Cabinet is a well-established kitchen cabinet company specializing in whole house customization. Olo customized products are designed and developed by 10 European designers and a team of domestic designers.
6. Oulin (Zhejiang)
Oulin, established in 1994, provides kitchen solutions with superior international standards. It was one of the first manufacturers in China to introduce craftsmanship, management concepts, and advanced technology and equipment from Germany.
7. Oppein (Guangzhou)
Oppein was founded in 1994 and has pioneered modern industrial kitchen manufacturing in China for kitchen and home furnishing solutions. It is also Asia’s largest cabinetry manufacturer.
8. George Buildings (Foshan)
George Buildings was established in 2006 as a one-stop building materials provider. Its large showroom houses thousands of building materials and building decoration materials for all renovation and construction projects.
9. Golden Home (Xiamen)
Xiamen Golden Kitchen Cabinet Co., Ltd, founded in 1999, is one of Asia’s leading kitchen cabinet manufacturers. The company provides high-end kitchen cabinets, hardware, as well as kitchen appliances and supplies. It is also one of the Top 500 Real Estate Kitchen Cabinet brands in China.
10. Borcci (Zhejiang)
Borcci is one of the foremost high-end kitchen suppliers in China and one of the 500 most influential kitchen brands in Asia. It is also one of the kitchen cabinet suppliers in China that has penetrated the US market. Borcci’s products combine modern technology and cabinet design.
How to Install Modern Kitchen Cabinets ?
Here is how to install your modern kitchen cabinets in place.
1. Prepare the space. Make sure the walls and corners where you will install the kitchen cabinets are flat and level.
2. Mark the level reference lines on the wall.
3. Assemble the upper cabinets. Remove the doors, shelves, and drawers to make the cabinets lighter and easier to install.
4. Hang the upper cabinets. Lift the assembled upper cabinets into one corner and allow them to rest on the cleat.
5. Install the corner base cabinets. Position it on the marks you made earlier.
6. Install the rest of the base cabinets.
7. Install the doors and toe kick.
What are Modern Style Kitchen Cabinets Trends in 2022?
Knowing the latest trends in modern-style kitchen cabinets helps homeowners make the right choice easier. Simplicity, comfort, and minimalism are a few of the popular trends that are anticipated in 2022.
- Classic white kitchen cabinets. White is a classic color that symbolizes brightness and cleanliness. It is the go-to color of many homeowners.
- Dark-colored kitchen cabinets. Dark colors create a warm and cozy atmosphere for your kitchen.
- Two-toned kitchen cabinets. This entails contrasting colors for the upper and lower cabinets.
- Natural wood kitchen cabinets. Wood kitchen cabinets have increased in popularity because of the warmth and texture they offer to your kitchen.
- Shaker kitchen cabinets. This type of kitchen cabinet has been around for over 200 years but continues to be popular because they are versatile and can match any kitchen design.
- Handle-less kitchen cabinets. These are cabinets without hardware for opening or closing. They are perfect for homeowners who want a minimalist and modern kitchen style.
- Open shelves. Open shelves continue to be popular because homeowners are opting for ways to give their kitchens a fresher look.
- Kitchen cabinets that conceal appliances. A well-organized kitchen has a sleek, streamlined, and clean look. Cabinets that conceal appliances get rid of clutter.
- Eco-friendly kitchen cabinets. Homeowners today prefer products made from sustainable materials Kitchen cabinets made from certified wood such as birch, bamboo, and oak are eco-friendly options.
10 Stunning Modern Cabinets Ideas for Your Kitchen
Here are some stunning modern cabinet design ideas if you are looking at adding flavor to your kitchen:
1.Veneer Wood Cabinetry Can Be A Warm Kitchen Addition
Veneer wood kitchen cabinets are strong and reliable. They have the feel and look of wood and are an excellent way to bring together traditional wood grains and modern door styles.
Brilliantly showcasing wood grains, veneer wood can add depth and warmth to your kitchen.
2.Add the Sleek Style of Stainless Steel to Your Kitchen
Stainless steel kitchens may have an industrial look but they complement modern-designed kitchens. Stainless steel kitchen cabinets were previously considered as providing a cold feel to a kitchen.
Stainless steel kitchen cabinets have successfully conquered home kitchens to complement stainless steel appliances. Stainless steel and wood are contrasting materials but boldly complement each other.
3.Lacquered Kitchen Cabinets Add a Lush Modern Look
Lacquered kitchen cabinets come with bright, rich, and shiny finishes. Lacquer cabinets are made by applying numerous layers of lacquers. They are then polished to add a lush and modern look to your kitchen.
The high-gloss finish of lacquer kitchen cabinet doors is perfect to create an unmatched aesthetic for your modern kitchen. Clean and maintain your lacquer kitchen cabinets properly to maintain their glossy sheen.
4.Floating Shelves Can Replace Kitchen Cabinetry
Clean lines are the essence of a modern design. Floating shelves will give your modern kitchen clean lines and a linear look.
You can replace some of your upper cabinets with floating shelves where you can display your beautiful kitchenware. They allow you to have quick access to all your dinnerware and glassware. Floating shelves can also allow you to mix colors and textures.
5.Modern Kitchen Cabinets Can Still Have Color
While white remains a popular color for modern kitchen cabinets. Modern kitchens are often associated with white and some prefer black. Bright colors can be appropriate for modern kitchens, too.
Shades of blue, green, red, yellow, and orange go well with modern kitchen cabinets because there are many ways to modernize these colors. Choose the colors of your kitchen cabinets, it should be a color you are comfortable with.
6.Modern White Kitchen Cabinets
White kitchen cabinets will never go out of style. Lacquered white kitchen cabinets blend well with stainless steel fixtures. If you think brightly-colored kitchen cabinets do not suit your taste, the simplicity of white kitchen cabinets may be your best option.
White kitchen cabinets are a perfect match for your modern kitchen. They make your kitchen look brighter and visually larger, too.
7.Stained Wood Kitchen Cabinet Styles Can be Modern
You can stain your wood kitchen cabinets to achieve a modern design. Stains come in different tones and many shade variations. Exciting and sleek stains can very well be used in modern kitchens.
Dark stains create a warm kitchen and kitchen cabinets with dark stains are often used in large kitchens. White stained kitchen cabinets are ideal and sleek for an all-white modern kitchen. White stained cabinets suit smaller kitchens.
There are also stains in bold shades such as navy blue and red if you want to go for something more unique than lighter and darker stains.
8.Take Out the Upper Kitchen Cabinets for a Modern Space
Upper kitchen cabinets can take up a lot of headspace in your kitchen which could otherwise provide some fresh air and cleanliness. Getting rid of upper cabinets may be a bit out-of-the-box, but you can achieve a modern space with the open area.
Without the upper cabinets, your storage space will be cut by half but if it is not an issue, this open space can provide clean aesthetics which is ideal for your modern kitchen.
9.Distressed Gunmetal Steel Kitchen Cabinets
Distressed gunmetal steel kitchen cabinets exude a clean and minimalist style. It provides an illusion that will make your kitchen look unique. Kitchen cabinets made from distressed gunmetal steel are stylish pieces of art right within your kitchen.
10.Mix up Your Kitchen Cabinet Styles by Combining Wood, Lacquer and Paint
Can you mix and match your kitchen cabinet styles? Yes, you can as long as the cabinet styles complement each other, otherwise, they will look boring. Mixing colors and styles is an ideal way to give your kitchen a more modern look because it is an out- of-the- box-idea.
Mixing cabinet styles is not a way of gearing away from a minimalist interior that characterizes modern kitchens. Wood lower kitchen cabinets combined with white lacquered upper cabinets is a homemaker’s delight. Glossy lacquered cabinet faces can also be successfully mixed with veneered cabinet side panels.
Related Article: The Consumer’s Ultimate Kitchen Cabinets Buyers Guide
Related Article: Top 20 Kitchen Cabinets Manufacturers in China
Related Article: Plywood vs MDF vs Particle Board
Related Article: Kitchen Cabinet Dimensions
Related Article: How to Made Kitchen Cabinets
Related Article: Top 10 Tile Manufacturers in China: The Complete Guide
Whatsapp Us: +86 13727499654
Leave A Comment