High Gloss Kitchen Cabinets: The Definitive Guide
What is High Gloss Kitchen Cabinet?
As the name implies, cabinets with a high-gloss finish are referred to as high gloss cabinets. They have a very shiny and reflective surface and have a brilliant appeal. The luminous finish of high gloss kitchen cabinet is much suited for contemporary kitchen spaces. They are even great for small areas as their mirror-like appearance makes the place look very spacious.
What Are Gloss Kitchen Cabinets Made of?
Acrylic, laminate, and lacquer are the most popular finishes used to achieve the high-gloss look on kitchen cabinets.
Acrylic is a high-quality synthetic material that is renowned for its high-gloss and luminous appearance. Gloss cabinets are made by covering the MDF core material with acrylic glass sheets. In some cases, door panels will entirely be made out of acrylic sheets. Acrylic is one of the premium options as it displays impressive properties like shatter-resistance and durability.
Laminate is another composite material made under high pressure using paper, resin, and other materials. For gloss kitchen cabinets, a shiny pressure laminate variety is fused onto the core material. However, it’s not very reflective, like acrylic. Laminate is also shatter-resistant and durable.
Lacquer is a cost-effective option available for gloss kitchen cabinets. Here, a coat or multiple coats of lacquer are applied over the cabinet surface to achieve a highly sleek surface. However, it can discolor over time, diminishing the appeal of kitchen cabinets. It’s important to ensure the lacquer you choose is of high quality.
Pros and Cons of High Gloss Kitchen Cabinets
- High gloss kitchen cabinet make your kitchen look attractive and modern.
- As they reflect light, your kitchen space will appear brighter and larger.
- The smooth surface makes it very easy to clean and maintain these cabinets. Spills can be wiped easily, and you will no longer worry about stains.
- They are waterproof and don’t require any sealants.
- They are built to be very sturdy and durable in structure.
- High gloss kitchen cabinet are relatively expensive.
- Fingerprints, scratches, dirt, and other imperfections are easily visible on acrylic kitchen cabinets due to their reflective surface.
- They also require constant cleaning to maintain their appearance.
- They are more prone to scratches, and it can reduce their attractiveness over time.
How Much Do High Gloss Kitchen Cabinets Cost?
The cost of gloss kitchen cabinets will depend on the type of gloss finish, design, and size. On average, you can get them at a price range of $2000- $5000 excluding the installation cost. If you are looking for the best price you can get for gloss kitchen cabinets, get them from PA Kitchen Cabinets.
Are High Gloss White Kitchen Cabinets in Style?
Yes. High-gloss white kitchen cabinets are a highly sought-out option today. As their reflective surface is capable of creating different looks throughout the day, they are also considered unique. They are a perfect addition for modern homes that are styled with minimal and sleek furniture. As high gloss white cabinets make even small spaces look bright and roomy, they are a great choice for apartments as well.
Do Gloss Kitchen Cabinets Scratch Easily?
Gloss kitchen cabinets are considered a close alternative for glass cabinets. But, a major disadvantage is that they are prone to scratches and they become easily visible as well. So, it’s important to care for your cabinets well. But, high-quality acrylic shows better resistance to scratches than other high gloss finishes.
How to Clean White High Gloss Kitchen Cabinet
The primary rule is to use a soft cloth or microfiber cloth to clean your high gloss cabinets as brushes or steel wool can damage their surface. Use a solution of mild detergent and water to clean any spills and dirt that is visible on the cabinets. Warm water is a better option when it comes to removing grease marks and oil splotches easily. It’s also important to wipe gently as too much pressure can leave stains.
You can even use a special glass cleaning agent or a solution of vinegar and water for cleaning. Once done, use a dry cloth to wipe off excess moisture, and your cabinets will look good as new again!
Top Tips for Modern High Gloss Kitchen Cabinets
- The reflective nature of gloss kitchen cabinets installed at a high level is more significant than the reflective nature of cabinets installed at your eye level or lower.
- So, if you are too worried about spoiling your high gloss kitchen cabinets with stains and fingerprints, consider choosing high gloss for upper-level cabinets and semi-gloss or matte finish for lower ones. Your kitchen would still retain the reflective ambiance.
- If you love dark colors but don’t want to dim the appearance of your kitchen, combine the dark color with a contrasting light color. But, remember to use lighter colors for lower cabinets as they don’t show fingerprints easily.
- For small kitchen spaces, lighter colors are more beneficial than darker ones due to their strong reflective character. Your kitchen space will look much bigger!
Comparison Chart among 7 Door Fronts
High Gloss Kitchen Cabinet Design Idea
There’s a wide range of design choices available when it comes to gloss kitchen cabinets. You can get them as framed cabinets or frameless cabinets, the latter being more appealing to modern homeowners. Moreover, they are available in plain shades or patterned designs for a more sophisticated look. You can go for metallic, vibrant, or subdued colors depending on your preference. There’s also the choice of accessorizing them with hardware made out of stainless steel, bronze, nickel, pewter, or other high-quality materials.
How to Select the Right High Gloss Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturers and Suppliers
Here are some factors to focus on when selecting a good and reliable kitchen cabinets supplier for your kitchen cabinetry projects.
- Compare the cost of cabinets between different companies and select one that offers the best value for money
- Pay attention to the minimum order quantity accepted and pick a supplier who will undertake your order.
- All kitchen cabinet manufacturers don’t offer good quality products. So, you would have to check what mechanisms each manufacturer is using to ensure the quality standards of their cabinetry products.
- Manufacturing capabilities of the supplier is another concern. We recommend you look for the reputation and expertise of the companies you have selected to determine their production capability.
- One of the frequent problems customers encounter is issues with measurements and design. You don’t want to pay for cabinets that don’t fit your kitchen or match your expectations. This is why selecting a manufacturer who is meticulous in the measurement and design process is important.
- It’s also vital to look at the lead time to ensure your order will be completed within a reasonable period of time.
- Another factor is “project support,” which looks at how a particular order is managed from the beginning until the end. Leading manufacturers will specify the process for you.
- Finally and most importantly, get your gloss kitchen cabinets perfectly done by one of the top 10 kitchen cabinet manufacturers in China. Below is the list of them for your reference!
How to Import Gloss Kitchen Cabinets from China?
It’s relatively simple. First, browse through the designs and color options available and select one that suits your aesthetics. Then, get the exact dimensions of the kitchen cabinets based on the layout of your kitchen and contact the supplier to get an estimate. If the quote fits your budget, confirm the order by paying an advance or full payment as required.
The supplier/manufacturer will process your order and arrange for it to be delivered to your doorstep. We recommend you check international shipping costs and other charges and taxes that may be incurred in the process as well.
High gloss kitchen cabinets are highly demanded for both residential and commercial spaces at present. Therefore, it’s important to select a good supplier form the pool of choices available for you.
We hope our guide on gloss kitchen cabinets help you make the right choice. If you are looking for a reliable kitchen cabinet manufacturer who offers the best price for gloss kitchen cabinets, PA Kitchen is your one-stop solution. If you have any further doubts or questions to be clarified about the quality and characteristics of these cabinets, don’t hesitate to contact us. Your requirement is our top priority!
Get in touch for free design and quote.